Friday, January 30, 2009

I blame it on lack of sleep...

I'm such a dork.

Big I and I went to the hardware store (they aren't really hardware stores anymore, are they?) to get some caulk to .... wait, let me backup.

A few weeks ago I made some felted clog slippers like these. They are the best, coziest slippers ever. However I go in and out of the house a lot (to the yard, I don't wear the slippers to the store or anything) and I didn't want them to wear out too fast. I wanted to put something on the soles so they'd be protected and a bit more water repellent. I saw how someone else used silicone caulk and I wanted to do the same thing. So, back to what I was saying about the hardware store.

I found the section with all the caulk. White, clear, paintable, paint resistant, kitchen and bath, wall and cabinet....lots to choose from. Okay, definitely want clear and I suppose the kitchen and bath type would be best. I had resigned myself to the fact that I would need to buy a big tube of it and a caulking gun which would mean a sore hand and lots of leftovers. But then I saw that they had fairly small, hand-squeezable tubes. Perfect! I guess in all my excitement about finding the perfect application size, I forgot to double-check ALL of the details. And so I give you....




Seesh...not only the wrong color, but the wrong type too. I'm such a dork.

1 comment:

  1. I love the slippers! When you figure out your sealant issue, let me know. I'd love to try a pair! I wonder if you could build in insoles like Dr. Soles for added cushion??

    ReplyDelete