Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A little of this. A little of that.

Beautiful day here today. Somewhere in the 70's I think. There's onions and carrots up in the garden finally and a new blackberry bush in the ground. Over the past couple of days it's been a bit cooler though, so we've been inside.

While Big I did this:

...I put up a couple of glass shelves in my bathroom that have been waiting to be pulled out of the box for a few months now. I got the heights a little wrong, they should be lower and closer together. But it's nice to have something up on the wall even if it's not paint. I also repotted my orchids recently. I hope they like their new sunnier location.


I also went in search of a good dye pot at the local thrift store the other day. Didn't find a good pot, but did find some great sweaters to cannibalize for the yarn.

The striped one is angora, ramie and nylon and could make a nice soft striped hat or scarf. The vest is wool that's been fulled a bit. Don't know what I'll do with that. They were each $1 though, so I'll figure something out.

The skirt, by the way, was also $1 and is from Ann Taylor Loft. That's a store I go into, see lots of things I like, see the price tag, and then sigh and walk out. It fits perfectly.

The yellow sweater was most exciting, though. It was mostly wool with some angora and a touch of nylon. It's very soft and there's a lot of it. I dislike the color, so I over-dyed a sample with some Kool-Aid this afternoon.

I dunno, it seems a little too much like, well, Kool-Aid. I'd hoped for a softer look with a little yellow still showing through. I may do a natural dye and solar dye it.

We'll see. I have plenty of other projects in the wings.

2 comments:

  1. I think the Foz is dropping you a hint that he would like the yellow sweater for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice pose of Fozzie Bear. Also like the skirt.

    ReplyDelete