Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The human body is quite amazing

I've been easing back into working out and running finally. I've been so surprised by my level of muscle memory. My plan when I go out for a jog is to have 20 minutes of running until I feel like walking and then walk until I feel like running again. (With some warm-up and cool-down time on either side.)

To my surprise, I've been very comfortable jogging for a good 5 minutes. And then I walk, not because I need to, but because I feel I should so as not to over-do it. Today I even had a good 'lift' at the end. That's where I feel like I could pick up the pace and really keep going for a long time. But instead I stopped.

I'm very pleased and hope to be doing a solid 20 minutes (or more?) by the end of the month.

I've also discovered a benefit to Craig's new DirecTV: it has the FitTV channel...I get Sharon Mann again! I really love my video, but new 20 minute workouts are perfect right now.

And Big I is a good work-out partner, of course.



And water bottle-checker.



No comments:

Post a Comment